After you have used the above examination several times and are familiar with the content, it will be easy to quickly glance at the headings of each point below for a daily examination. The bullet points are listed so as to offer a quick and easy way to use this examination of conscience every day.
Imperfections of Faith
- What influences your thinking?
- Offer an act of faith each day.
- Seek daily increase in faith.
- Trust in God or yourself?
- Faith must be expressed.
- Faith seeks understanding.
Imperfections of Hope
- Act of hope
- Worries, anxieties, difficulties and troubles
- Dwelling on your sin or the sins of others
- Object(s) of your hope.
Imperfections of Charity
- Love of God—Thoughts
- Love of God—Words
- Love of God—Actions
- Charity towards others—Thoughts
- Charity towards other—Words
- Charity towards others—Actions
- Loving God in struggles
- Anger, emotions, feelings
- General dispositions
Examination of Conscience: Seven Capital Sins
Examination of Conscience: Ten Commandments
Examination of Conscience: Faith, Hope & Charity
Short Examination of Conscience: Faith, Hope & Charity
Probing the Depths – Full Table of Contents
Part One: Background of Saint Ignatius and Lessons From The Spiritual Exercises
Part Two: Ignatian Meditations Arranged According to the Liturgical Year
Part Three: Additional Prayer Materials for Use Throughout the Year